- Never get in a car being driven by someone you don’t know.
- If you are heading out make sure someone you trust knows where you are going.
- Know who to call in case of an emergency.
- Talk to someone you trust about the activities you are engaging in.
- Meet new people in a safe public place you’ve been to before and bring a friend.
- Tell someone you trust if you ever feel you are being followed or you notice someone is constantly showing up where you hang out – including online.
- Never meet alone with anyone you’ve met online. If you insist on doing so, tell someone you trust about your plan.
- Always go with your gut feeling about a new person in your life. It’s there for a reason.
If you are worried you are not safe talk to someone immediately.